Monday, May 11, 2009

Yahoo Survey on Cust.Service ..What Was My Question?

I received a 'Customer Service Survey" ..HOW DID WE DO?


i HAVE NOT clue .. since I don't know which issue Yahoo is asking about.


1. Send ME a copy of the request I make to you so I can track it.





2. Advise ME what the issue was in regard to how YAHOO handled it .. I send in many issues .. I have NO CLUE which one you are asking about. .. Try INCLUDING my concern





3. Respect my intellectual level. At 64 years old, I don't dis-respect the English Language, and use verbage from the HIP-HOP generation. Try selecting your template responses based on age groups .. it would be more effective.


Verbage from 'Yahoo Customer Service Survey"


"Oh yeah, one last thing. Once in awhile, we contact a few customers for additional info about their feedback.


Sure, why not?


No way!

Yahoo Survey on Cust.Service ..What Was My Question?
Ah, typical Yahoo behavior. Not a thought given to making it user friendly. Exactly why I say they put the "Dis" into "Customer DIS-Service."





I'd like to give them feedback, alright! LOL!





Welcome to YaHELL!
Reply:I wish I could help you, but I have never come across that before. I will observe the answers you get though. We both may learn something important.


I have seen a couple of Top Contributors here in the last few minutes so I will put out a star for you


No comments:

Post a Comment