Thursday, May 20, 2010

What can The Home Depot do to persuade customers to go online and tell how their service is?

I am looking for ways to help myself get promoted and one of the thingas they are pushing is online survey's. My idea was to do a prize per store per month to increase the likeley hood of winning, but that is my idea what is yours?

What can The Home Depot do to persuade customers to go online and tell how their service is?
I go to Home Depot all the time. Its the big orange hole where I throw all my spare money.





I definitely like the prize idea. I often shop online. Then make my shopping list and take it with me to the store. The last time a survey popped up I went ahead and filled it out. But I was expecting something, even a coupon or discount for my trouble.





I won't be filling out any more Home Depot surveys for free. I'm too busy to do that stuff with no benefit. But if a survey said, get a % discount on your next purchase online or in the store, I'd probably go ahead and do it. But I don't buy online. I go to the store. So it would have to be printable.





I don't like the idea of people pestering me in the store. There are 2 reasons I go to Home Depot:





1. I'm working on a project I had planned out in advance, so I'm not exactly browsing. I stick to the list.





2. Its an emergency and I'm there to get a faucet or lawn mower part.





While I'm there I might pickup fertilizer or something else I need to restock.





The last time some guy with a clip board tried to talk to me I stood there looking into his eyes with a pleading look until he finished whatever he was saying and told him "No thanks." Then asked him where something was and he didn't know because he doesn't work there.





I hate that.
Reply:I think you have to bring it to more of a personal store level. Maybe having a couple employees with palm computers by the exit and give them a free hot dog and drink by completing the survey. Its tough to get people to go online and do that because most of us just throw our receipts away.


No comments:

Post a Comment