Thursday, May 20, 2010

How do I explain accomplishments on my resume without going into a lengthy description?

I worked for a call center. Should I explain in my resume that I increased my sales revenue every month? For example, in January I sold $2.17/hour in feature revenue. In February, I sold $2.97/hour. In March I sold $4.15/hour.





Can I say something like, "Increased personal sales revenue every month" or do I need to include numbers? Would those numbers mean anything on a resume? It's not like I could say, "Increased sales revenue 20% every month." I didn't increase at the same rate every month.





I was also recognized by my supervisor because I recently achieved 100% VOC, 100% VOP, and 100% NPS two weeks in a row. (VOC and NPS are scores given to me by customers who take a survey at the end of the call. VOP is a score from a manager who listened to some of my calls.) I usually got high scores, but I don't know how to describe it statistically. Can I say something like, "Achieved high scores based on customer surveys and call monitors?" Is that descriptive enough?

How do I explain accomplishments on my resume without going into a lengthy description?
I don't think you need the numbers on your resume (Especially since the numbers often fluctuate based on the month). I think that the way you have described your accomplishments are perfect. If they ask you to expand in a job interview (which they will do if they need clarification) then you can go into numbers a bit more. But it sounds like a great way to describe your accomplishments without it being too wordy. Good luck!
Reply:I would leave off exact numbers and merely express achievements in terms of percentage increases by category Month over Month.


No comments:

Post a Comment