Thursday, May 20, 2010

Letters to send out to past Customers to get their business back. Need to make a good impression.?

Can someone please tell me some websites that will give me some templates or sample letters to send to past customers that haven't been buying for a while. Also some example surveys that I could send out with the letter. Any ideas that i could use for the letter would be greatly Appreciated. I need something that will make the customers start coming backi again and I have no clue where to begin and I need to make a good impression on my boss.

Letters to send out to past Customers to get their business back. Need to make a good impression.?
I would try to find out why they stopped buying in the first place. You will not be able to address their needs or concerns until you understand the problem. Sending out a survey, for the most part, will be a waste of time and postage. Most business owners will just round file it because you haven't offered them any motivation to respond without first addressing "What's in it for THEM?"





Next I would make a personal contact either by phone or in person. Most people want a more personal approach that shows genuine interest in their business. Business owners are in the business to make a profit, give outstanding service to their customers and provide the best products or service available. Without knowing what type of business you are representing, it is difficult to assess the best approach to over coming their objections to buying your product/service.





I would be more concerned about making a good impression on your lapsed customers instead of your boss. If you are able to succeed in doing that let me assure you your boss will be impressed.
Reply:Your boss has given you an impossible task. When customers leave, they leave with good reason and aren't planning on coming back. Your results will be poor under the best of circumstances. The best bet is to drum up new business and KEEP it. Your boss must surely know this. I think they're planning on firing you. One common way (I've had this done to me) of employers to "justifiably" get rid of an employee is to give them some task that cannot be done and then when the employee doesn't come through, to give them the pink slip. Watch your back. I'd be getting your references quietly lined up and your resume refined, if I was you, while you are working on this "project". You're pretty much screwed, I've seen this before.


No comments:

Post a Comment