Thursday, May 20, 2010

How do I report email abuse from a legitimate company?

I continue to recieve email from Global Test Market. I have visited their site and attempted to unsubscribe numerous times, however my login information is no longer on record. I have tried responding to them to let them know that I continue to recieve email and have been unable to unsubscribe. A customer svc rep replied to say that they are unable to locate my info in their database. I replied again to let them know that I was aware they are unable to locate my info, but I am somehow still receiving email from them. I asked if it was possible to block my email from their subscriptions. Yet, their emails continue to generate the same repsonses (although they are not automatic and different every time, they generally say the same thing). They say they can't find my info and that I shouldn't be recieving email from them. However, I recieve surveys from them daily. I am very unhappy with them and do not want any email/updates from them or any of their affiliates. Please help.

How do I report email abuse from a legitimate company?
Write them a letter, send it certified first class mail.





cc: your state's attorney general





This falls under the anti-spam act passed by Congress a couple years ago. Serious fines can be levied if they do not comply to a written request.





You may be intitled to damages under the act, again your state attorney general's office should be able to answer that for you.





Good luck and go get 'em!
Reply:Put your Spam Guard on. Hit the SPAM button on them. Take them out of your address book. Put a BLOCK on them. All available in Yahoo Mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment